To promote innovative process and share the development in Electrical and Electronics Engineering field keeping excellence in research and delivering the quality service to meet the global challenges.
- To import technical knowledge in electrical engineering through innovative teaching learning process.
- To provide dedicated, disciplined and dignified electrical engineers to support the society.
- To encourage the students to become a adept in entrepreneurial and employability skills.
EEE Department Profile
Dr.M.Manikandan, B.E., M.E, Ph.D.
Professor & Head
I am delighted to welcome you to the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the academic year 1997 with strength of 60 students in EEE (B.Tech) which was enhanced currently to intake of 120 students. The Department also offers PG Programmes in M. Tech-Power Electronics with an intake of 18 students. The Department is well equipped and upgraded laboratories with sophisticated equipment’s, latest electrical software and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The students are being guided professionally and are being taught by well qualified and experienced teaching staff. Department is making the teaching learning process more effective by using modern facilities like Smart Digital Boards, LCD Projectors and Laptops. The department periodically organizes technical seminars, symposia, workshops and guest lecturers for the benefit of both the students and the faculty. The Mission of the department is “To Impart Quality Education in Electrical Engineering through innovative teaching learning process”.
Programmes Offered by Department
|S.No||UG/ PG/ Diploma||Courses Offered||Intake|
|1||UG||B.Tech – Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120|
|2||PG||M.Tech – Power Electronics||18|
|3||Diploma||Electrical & Electronics Engineering –II shift Polytechnic||180|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1- Fundamental Knowledge: To provide the learners with fundamental knowledge in basic engineering subjects to analyze and solve the problems in electrical and electronics engineering and it’s allied fields.
PEO2 – Core Competence: To prepare the learners with the comprehensive knowledge in the core areas like electrical and electronics engineering.
PEO3 – Breadth: To nurture the learners with breadth subjects knowledge and competence by understanding the value of efficient design and development of solutions with multidisciplinary approach catering to the real-time requirements.
PEO4 – Professionalism: To inculcate the learners with advanced subjects knowledge, professional practice, entrepreneurial skills, teamwork, leadership, project management, personal and professional growth with ethics and character in developing effective communication, interpersonal and multidisciplinary skills.
PEO5 – Learning Environment: To prepare the learners for higher education, innovative electrical and electronics engineering program specific areas of global technological appliances, research and service attitude by providing advancedMethods of teaching and learning with effective communication & lifelong learning skills and by executing MOUs with renowned industries and premier institutes.
Programme Outcomes (Pos)
- Graduates will demonstrate the fundamental knowledge of Applied Mathematics, Applied Sciences, and Basic Engineering subjects.
- Graduates demonstrate an ability to design Electrical and Electronic circuits and conduct experiments with Electrical and Electronic systems, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design Electrical systems, its components or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to work as an individual or leader in multidisciplinary teams.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve Electrical and Electronics engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the broad education necessary to understand the impact of Electrical and Electronics Engineering solutions in the global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Graduates will recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in Electrical and Electronics engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Electrical and Electronics Engineering practice.
- The learners will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project management and finance and apply these projects as an individual, a team member with a leadership attitude.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge in Non-Conventional Energy sources, Energy Management and Special Machines.
- The learners will be able to develop the knowledge of the competitive environment in success of globally acclaimed tests like GRE, TOFEL, ILTES, GMAT, CAT, PSUs, andGATE etc.
Dr.M.Manikandan, B.E., M.E, Ph.D.
Professor & Head
Dr.M.Manikandan received the degree B.E, Electrical & Electroncis Engineering from Anna University Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, in 2003, M.E in Power Electronics and Drives in 2009 from Anna University Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. and he has received Ph.D Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Anna University Chennai, Tamilnadu in 2017. He has more than 16 years of experience in teaching and 1 year experience in industry, and has guided more than 4 Ph.D students. He has published around 14 papers in International Journals and 9 International Conferences. He has authored a book titled sustainable irrigation in agriculture using Automated Solar Pump & Enhancement of PQ on Wind Generation System by SMES Coil , published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany publications. His teaching areas are Power System, Power Electronics, HVDC Transmission & Electrical Distribution Systems.. He guided a number of B.Tech students during their project work. His research interests are in Power System, Power Quality and Distributed Generation. He has professional body members in IAENG, IEI and ISTE. He has attended and conducted various seminars, conference, workshop, FDP.
|S.NO||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Years of Teaching Experience|
|1||Dr MANIKANDAN||M.E., Ph.D.||15 years|
|2||SRIDHAR GADDAM||M.TECH, Ph.D.||16 years|
|3||PRAVEEN THOTA||M.TECH||19 years|
|4||BALAKISHAN PADAKANTI||M.TECH||19 years|
|5||SANEPALLE GOPAL REDDY||M.TECH||16 years|
|6||VISWAPRAKASH BABU||M.TECH||16 years|
|7||SAJAN CHIKYALA||M.TECH||13 years|
|8||JANARDHAN SUDDALA||M.TECH||13 years|
|9||RONDI BABU||M.TECH||13 years|
|10||SHIVA THUMULA||M.TECH||8 years|
|11||SATISH CHINDAM||M.TECH||7 years|
|13||BODDULA BABU||M.TECH||4 years|
|14||K SRUJAN KUMAR||M.TECH||2 years|
|15||K SRIKANTH||M.TECH||2 years|
|16||SHARADHA LION||M.TECH||2 years|
|17||SUDAGONI SAMATHA||M.TECH||1 year|
|19||LAXMI PRASANNA ADALA||M.TECH||0|
The department has well-equipped laboratories with state of the art infrastructure as per the AICTE norms and JNTUH guidelines. The laboratories are well equipped to cater to the practical & innovative needs of the students and faculty. Large machines, operating kits, and systems are provided in the laboratories. The department also maintains a computer center with 30 computers having high-speed internet to cater to the needs of not only our department students but also our college students, teaching and non-teaching staff. The list of laboratories in our department is:
|S.NO||Name of the Laboratory||UG/PG||Major Components|
|1||BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LAB||UG||Circuit Kits & Machines|
|2||ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB-I||UG||DC Machines|
|3||NETWORKS LAB||UG||Circuit Component kits|
|4||CONTROL SYSTEMS LAB||UG||Controllers & DC Machines|
|5||ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB-II||UG||AC Machines|
|6||ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION LAB||PG||Energy Meters,chokes|
|7||BASIC ELECTRICAL SIMULATION LAB||UG||Computer Systems|
|8||POWER SYSTEMS LAB||UG||Transmission Line Parameters,Machines|
|9||POWER ELECTRONICS LAB||UG||Power Electronics Components|
|10||ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS SIMULATION LAB||UG||Computer Systems|
|11||ELECTRICAL WORKSHOP||UG||Components -Starters|
Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
Electrical Machines Lab-I
Control Systems Lab
Electrical Machines Lab-II
Electrical Measurements & Instrumentation Lab
Basic Electrical Simulation Lab
Power Systems Lab
Power Electronics Lab
Events conducted/organized by department of EEE in Academic year 2018-19
|S.No||Course Title||Program Date||Course Duration||Student Profile (Discipline)||Trainer Name/ Guest Name||Batch Size|
|1||Industrial Visit-220KV Substation, Durshed||28-01-2019||1 DAY||III B.Tech EEE||S.Janarthan Asst Prof,EEE Dept||41|
|2||Industrial Visit- Transformer repair Center, NPDCL, Karimnagar||29-01-2019||1 DAY||III B.Tech EEE||R.Babu Asst Prof,EEE Dept||25|
|3||Workshop||30-01-2019 to 01-02-2019||3 DAYS||IV B.Tech EEE||N. Viswanath, Raviteja Tech Labs, Hyd||58|
|4||Guest lecture||02-02-2019||1 DAY||III and IV B.Tech EEE||Dr. D.M Vinod kumar, NIT warangal||150|
|5||Guest lecture||02-02-2019||1 DAY||III and IV B.Tech EEE||Dr. P. Sathishkumar , Osmania university||150|
|6||Solar Plant 190 KWP- Inauguration||22-02-2019||1 DAY||I,II,III and IV B.Tech EEE||District Collector-Surfaraaz||260|
|7||Industrial Visit-Ramagundam B-Station||06-03-2019||1 DAY||II B.Tech EEE||T.Shiva,Asst Prof,EEE Dept||60|
|8||Project Expo||17-04-2019||1 DAY||IV B.Tech EEE||Dr. K. Venu gopal,KITS Huzarabad||78|
JITS EEE Dept organizes a Three-Day National Workshop on” MATLAB & PSIM Training for Power systems and Power Electronic Converters on 30th January to 01st Feb 2019
Workshop on” MATLAB & PSIM Training
Workshop on” MATLAB & PSIM Training
JITS EEE Dept organizes Guest lecture on 02-02-2019 for III,IV B.Tech EEE Students
Solar Power Plant 190KWP Inauguration on 22nd February 2019
Solar Power Plant 190KWP Inauguration