In order to ensure transparency in imparting technical education, admissions and with paramount objective of preventing unfair practices and to provide a mechanism to innocent students for redressal of their grievances, our college "JYOTHISHMATHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE, Nustulapur, Karimnagar 505 481 (Andhra Pradesh) has constituted GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE on 12-07-2012 as per the AICTE (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012 under Clause 1 of Section 23 of the AICTE Act, 1987 (52 of 1987) and vide Notification F.No. 37-3/Legal/2012, dated 25-02-2012.
The Grievance Redressal Committee is being formed at the college level comprising the following Members.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Dept & Designation||Role||Contact No|
|2||Dr.A.Subbarami Reddy||ECE- HOD||Co-Convener||9441990530|
|3||Dr.J.Laxmi Rajashekar||MBA- HOD||Member||9848906527|
|S.No||Name||Dept. & Design||Role||Mobile No||E-mail Id|
|1||Dr. G.Lakshmi Narayana Rao||Principal||Chairmanemail@example.com|
|2||Mrs. K.Radhika Reddy||ECE-Assoc. Prof.||Cofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. G.Sridhar||EEE-Assoc. Prof||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Dr. V.Neelima||CSE-Assoc. Prof.||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Mrs. R.Chandana||ME-Asst. Prof.||Memberemail@example.com|
As per the Clause 5 of the above Regulation made by the AICTE, a registry has been established to record the grievances of students, their parents and others, headed by a staff member to receive the grievances of aggrieved students, parents and others and to submit their representations to the Committee for redressal of their grievance.
The detailed information regarding the constitution of Grievance Redressal Committee, of its members’ names, addresses etc., have been put on all Notice Boards for wide publicity. The kinds of grievances under AICTE (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012 have also been circulated among all students and also displayed on all Notice Boards.
Grievances under the Clause 1 of Section 23 of the All India Council for Technical Education
1. Making admission contrary to merit determined in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute
2. Irregularity in the admission process adopted by the institute;
3. Refusing admission in accordance with the declared admission policy of the institute;
4. Withhold or refuse to return any document in the form of certificates of degree, diploma or any other award or other document deposited with it by a person for the purpose of seeking admission in such institution, with a view to induce or compel such person to pay any fee or fees in respect of any course or programme of study which such person does not intend to pursue;
5. Demand of money in excess of that specified in the declared admission policy or approved by the competent authority to be charged by such institution;
6. Breach of the policy for reservation in admission as may be applicable;
7. Complaints of alleged discrimination by students from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, Women, Minority or Disabled categories;
8. Non payment or delay in payment of scholarships to any students that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by AICTE, or by any other authority;
9.Delay in conduct of examinations or declaration of results beyond that specified in the academic calendar;
10. On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the institution;
11. Denial of quality education as promised at the time of admission or required to be provided;
12. Non transparent or unfair evaluation practices;
13. Harassment and victimization of students’ including sexual harassment; and
14. Refund of fees on withdrawal of admissions as per the AICTE instructions from time to time.
All aggrieved students, their parents and others may henceforth approach to the Grievance Redressal Committee of the institution for the first instance. If they are not satisfied with the decision of the Grievance Redressal Committee, they may send their appeals to the OMBUDSMAN appointed by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad to hear those grievances and ensure its disposal within one month of the receipt for speedy redress of grievances.
The committee shall comply with the regulations of the AICTE being made from time to time.