English is a language of opportunities and it plays a vital role in securing desirable employment. Accuracy and fluency in the use of language are very essential. Technology-aided learning has started playing a significant role in the pursuit of language learning. The state – of -the – art language laboratory which has been established aims at facilitating the learners to gain mastery in the use of English. It enables the students to expedite the process of improving learning skill with more emphasis on LSRW (Learning, Speaking, Reading, and Writing) leading to desirable employability. The language lab intends to develop the confidence level of students and it would motivate them to use their language skills outside the classroom as well. The technology thus fulfills all the needs of language learners and educators.
- A fully computerized 30 – seated language lab with state-of-the-art facilities provides an authentic language learning experience.
- To complement classroom lectures, audio-visual sessions and online examinations are conducted as a part of the teaching-learning process.
- The department has dedicated and well experienced staff members with expertise to offer various courses like BEC, TOEFL, IELTS and GRE.
- For effective language skills enhancement, language labs are put to use on a regular basis.
- There is a state of the art Audio-Visual Language Lab and also a Computer Based Language Lab. A rich resource of Video, Audio, Compact Disc collections on the art of English language teaching and learning remains an asset to the department.
- To enhance the proficiency of the students in all four primary skills (LSRW) of English through computer aided teaching.
- To emphasize the importance of English as a medium of learning academic subjects.
- To facilitate the students to shed fear and anxiety while using English and to overcome their mother tongue influence
- To equip students with the confidence to undergo placement training programs through round the year practice in small presentations, group discussions, debates, and mock interviews.
- To enhance spoken skills through various software/ computer programs.
- To develop an interactive approach in learning the second language.
- To provide every student enough time to practice the components of the language through repeated exposures.