MESA (Mechanical Department Club)
MESA, the Mechanical Engineering Students’ Association of JYOTHISHMATHI GROUP OF INSTITUTION, aims to play a pivotal role in the development of students as engineers by various out-of-curriculum and extracurricular activities. MESA aims to inculcate among its members an awareness and appreciation of the various disciplines of not just Mechanical Engineering but also other relevant fields. By way of its activities, MESA aims to be a platform for all the students of JITS in general and particularly of the students of ME department. MESA seeks to be an active organization of the ME department at JITS which promotes their career interests.
OBJECTIVES OF MESA
The objective of MESA is to promote an environment for the interaction between Mechanical Engineering students and with other relevant parties. Mesa shall engage in activities related to social, academic, and professional.
The MESA has a responsibility to provide the following to its member:
- To organize academic activities with the intention of improving the knowledge and experience of members in the diverse areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- To organize recreational and social activities amongst the member in order to foster comradeship and allow the exchange of ideas in an informal atmosphere.
- To represent the interest of mechanical engineering students before the department and to the college.
- To promote friendship, co-operation, and interaction amongst members.
- To provide the communication link between the members and the department of mechanical engineering.
To groom Motivated, Environmental friendly, Self-esteemed, Creative and Oriented Mechanical Engineers.
To Develop Industry Oriented Manpower to accept the challenges of Globalization by
- Imparting mechanical engineering knowledge through trained faculty in conducive environment
- Creating awareness about the needs of mechanical industries through alumni and industry-institute interactions
- Encouraging them to think innovatively and introduce them to various research activities
- Supporting them to groom in all aspects like communication, interpersonal skills
- IDEA SHARING R&D: Sharing of ideas related to developing technology, modification and redesign of machines.
- QUIZ& APTITUDE TEST:To improve the technical knowledge among the students on core subjectsby conducting objective type questions.
- TECHNICAL EXPO:Presenting the prototype models of different advanced technology machinery.
- SEMINARS:Conducting seminars on topics which are related to technical development.
- COMPETITION IN DRAWING:Conducting drawing competition on machine components which include engineering drawing, machine drawing and production drawing.
- COMPETITION IN CNC PROGRAMMING AND CAD:Competition on programming in computer numerical control system to develop programming Skills among the students.
- COMPETITION ON LATHE MACHINE:Competition in performing different machining operations on lathe machine with time management in manufacturing of any machine component.
- PAPER PRESENTATION: To develop presentation and research on topics from journals and articles.
- SOFTWARE UPGRADATION: To develop the student on different software’s related to design and analysis like ANSYS,CATIA and PRO-E.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY:To upgrade the students in advanced technology by digital classes to make them how the technology is upgrading day by day in world.