To become a center for academic excellence in Computer Science & Engineering by imparting quality technical education and promoting advanced research, entrepreneurial skills, professional practice & services with cutting-edge technologies imbibing holistic approach.
- To provide the learners with effective teaching and learning methodologies with qualified & experienced teaching faculty, quality instruction, technology tools and state of the art infrastructure facilities.
- To have Industry Institution Interaction, collaborative research, professional practice, skills and knowledge hub/center.
- Motivating the learners becoming intellectually adept, professionally deft and to instill high standards of discipline with holistic attitude.
- To nurture, inculcate and imbibe pragmatic perceptions in cutting-edge technologies with a focus on entrepreneurial skills and consultative services meeting the real world requirements.
CSE Department Profile
Dr. R. Jegadeesan, B.E., M.E., Ph.D., MISTE
Professor & HoD CSE
I am delighted to welcome you to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the academic year 1997 with a strength of 60 students in CSE (B.Tech) which was enhanced currently to intake of 180 students. The department also offers PG Programmes in M.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering specialization with an intake of 24 students. The department is well equipped and upgraded laboratories with Hi-end computers, the latest software and state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and all these computing resources are interconnected with high-speed intranet having 64 Mbps internet connectivity to the outside world. The students are being guided professionally and are being taught by well qualified and experienced teaching staff. Department is making the teaching-learning process more effective by using modern facilities like Smart Digital Boards, LCD Projectors and Laptops. The department periodically organizes technical seminars, symposium, Conference, Faculty Development Program(FDP), workshops and guest lecturers for the benefit of both the students and the faculty. The Mission of the department is “To Impart Quality Education in Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology”.
Programmes Offered by Department
|S.No||UG/ PG/ Diploma||Courses Offered||Intake|
|1||UG||B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering||180|
|2||PG||M.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering||24|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1- Fundamental Knowledge: To provide the learners with fundamental knowledge of applied mathematics, applied sciences and basic engineering subjects to analyze and solve the problems in Computer Science and Engineering and its allied fields.
PEO2 – Core Competence: To provide learners with a concrete knowledge in the Core areas like Programming languages, Computer Organization & Architecture, Operating Systems, Networking, Database Management Systems, Information & Network Security, Data Mining, etc. and with cutting edge technologies.
PEO3 – Breadth: To nurture the learners with breadth subjects knowledge and competence in the areas of ES, VLSI, cloud computing , BigData, Android, Multimedia, IM, Management Science, ENS etc. by understanding the value of efficient design and development of solutions with multidisciplinary approach catering to the real-time requirements
PEO4 – Professionalism: To inculcate the learners with advanced subjects knowledge, professional practice, entrepreneurial skills, teamwork, leadership, project management, personal and professional growth with ethics and character in developing effective communication, interpersonal and multidisciplinary skills
PEO5 – Learning Environment: To prepare the learners for higher education, employability, innovative CSE program specific areas of global technological appliances, research, and service attitude by providing advanced methods of teaching and learning with effective communication & lifelong learning skills and by executing MOUs with renowned industries and premier institutes.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Graduates will demonstrate the fundamental knowledge of Applied Mathematics, Applied Sciences and Basic Engineering subjects
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design software applications and conduct Computer science and engineering experiments to analyze and interpret the solution.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design, implement and evaluate hardware and software system or processor component, to meet desired specifications within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, sustainability, manufacturability, and employability,
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to use computer sciences approaches to solve real-world problems involving multidisciplinary tasks and to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution using computer engineering principles.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of professional, ethical, security, and social issues and responsibilities of a Computer Engineer.
- Graduates will demonstrate good written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate broad education necessary to understand the impact of Engineering Solutions in a Global, Economic, Environmental, Societal context, and sustainability
- Graduates will demonstrate the need for, and an ability to engage in the lifelong learning process.
- Graduates will demonstrate the understanding of Contemporary issues in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Graduates will be able to apply Computer science and engineering tools, techniques, and methodologies to create high-quality computing systems that function effectively and reliably in the emerging and future information infrastructure.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of project management and finance and apply these projects as an individual, team member or leader.
- Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge in Grid & Cloud Computing, Big Data & Hadoop, Wireless Sensor Networks, Fuzzy logic & Rough sets, Bioinformatics
- The learners will be able to develop the knowledge of the competitive environment in the success of globally acclaimed tests like GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, IES, GMAT, CAT, PSUs, and GATE, etc.
Dr. R. Jegadeesan, B.E., M.E., Ph.D., MISTE
Professor & HoD CSE
Dr. R. Jegadeesan received the degree B.E, M.E, and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India, in 2005, 2007 and 2018, respectively. He is a Research Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering in RMK Engineering College, Chennai with the University of Anna University Chennai, India. prior to his appointment at Anna university affiliated college Chennai, he served as an assistant professor faculty with RMK Engineering college for eleven years, currently working an associate professor (CSE) in Jyothishmathi Institute of technology and Science, Karimnagar, where he conducted research in the area of wireless networks, computer networks and wireless sensor networks for energy efficient scheduling systems and communications systems applications. He has applied patent pending in the areas of bandwidth allocation, energy efficient and QoS and has authored over 27 reputed journals. He has professional body members in ISTE, ISCA, IAENG, IACSIT, APJR, IJAR, IJCSIT, IAEST, IRED, SDIWC, Internet Society, ISRD, ICST, SAISE, and ICSES. He has attended and conducted more seminars, conference, workshop FDP and Journals and has received “Young Faculty in Engineering” by Venus International Foundation, India, Young faculty in engineering, Best Academic familiar male faculty in 2018 and the best paper award in international conference on soft Computing Technologies in Engineering at Avinasilingam University for Women, Coimbatore in 2007. He has served as a reviewer in International Journal of Knowledge Management (IJKM) and International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (JESTEC), The International Arab Journal of Information Technology (IAJIT), IJRET, IJET, and others. He has been the principal investigator in many projects in the field of communication networks.
|S.NO||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Years of Teaching Experience||Faculty Profile|
|1||Dr R JEGADEESAN||M.E., Ph.D.||11 years||View Profile|
|2||Dr.PRABAHARAN SENGODAN||M.E., Ph.D.||24 years|
|3||Dr. MADUGULA SUJATHA||M.TECH, Ph.D.||10 years|
|4||Dr. SRINIVAS DAVA||M.TECH, Ph.D.||10 years|
|5||MALSORU VANKUDOTHU||M.TECH, (Ph.D.)||18 years|
|6||MAHESH NAGAMALLA||M.TECH||17 years|
|7||PORIKA BALAKISHAN||M.TECH||16 years|
|8||NATESAN VENKATESWARAN||M.TECH, (Ph.D.)||16 years|
|9||RUDRARAPU VENKATESHWARLU||M.TECH||15 years|
|10||RAVINDAR MOGILI||M.TECH ,(Ph.D.)||13 years|
|11||NEELIMA VONTELA||M.TECH, (Ph.D.)||12 years|
|12||PRANITHA POLSANI||M.TECH, (Ph.D.)||12 years|
|13||UMA RANI BODAKUNTA||M.TECH (Ph.D.)||12 years|
|14||SRILATHA GAJULA||M.TECH||11 years|
|15||RANJIT KUMAR GOTTE||M.TECH||10 years|
|16||NAREENKANTH VOLLALA||M.TECH||8 years|
|17||R SATYA TEJA||M.TECH||7 years|
|18||AMBIGALLA SHARADA||M.TECH||7 years|
|19||KONDAPALKALA MAHESH RAJ||M.TECH||6 years|
|20||SHAIK MUNAWAR||M.TECH||4 years|
|21||VIDYASAGAR GASAGANTI||M.TECH||3 years|
|22||MARYADA MAMATHA||M.TECH||3 years|
|23||BAVU SUSMITHA||M.TECH||3 years|
|24||GOURISHETTY SINDHUSHA||M.TECH||3 years|
|25||RAMYA ANNADI||M.TECH||3 years|
|26||KOTHAPALLY HARINI PRIYA||M.TECH||2 years|
|27||GASHIKANTI ANIL KUMAR||M.TECH||2 years|
|28||ADULAPURAM GOUTHAM||M.TECH||2 years|
|29||K RACHANA||M.TECH||1 year|
|30||MUGALA JAMES||M.TECH||1 year|
|31||ULLENDULA SANDHYA||M.TECH||1 year|
|32||GUNDAM RANJITH||M.TECH||1 year|
|33||KONDAPALLY RAJKUMAR||M.TECH||1 year|
|34||SANTHOSH KUMAR KASANAGOTTU||M.TECH||1 year|
|35||BOMPELLY PRANITHA||M.TECH||8 months|
|36||LINGALA SRINITHA||M.TECH||8 months|
The department has well-equipped laboratories with state of the art infrastructure as per the AICTE norms and JNTUH guidelines. The laboratories are well equipped to cater to the practical & innovative needs of the students and faculty. High-speed internet and printing facilities are provided in the laboratories. The department also maintains a computer center with 100 computers having high-speed internet to cater to the needs of not only our department students but also our college students, teaching and non-teaching staff. The list of laboratories in our department is:
|S.NO||Name of the Laboratory||UG/PG||No of Systems|
|1||C++ Programming Lab||UG||30|
|2||Computer Networks and Cryptography Network Security Lab||UG||30|
|3||Data Mining Lab||UG||30|
|4||Database Management Systems Lab||UG||30|
|5||Design And Analysis Of Algorithms Lab||UG||30|
|6||Internet Technologies And Services Lab||PG||12|
|7||IT Workshop Lab||UG||30|
|8||Java Programming Lab||UG||30|
|9||Network Programming Lab||UG||9|
|10||Operating Systems Lab||UG||30|
|11||Programming for Problem Solving Lab – I||UG||30|
|12||Programming for Problem Solving Lab – II||UG||30|
|13||Software Engineering Lab||UG||30|
|14||Web Technologies Lab||UG||30|
|15||Computer Center||UG & PG||30|
Java Programming Lab
Data Base Management Systems Lab
Operating Systems Lab
Programming for Problem Solving Lab – I
Events conducted/organized by department of CSE in the Academic year 2018-19
|S.No||Course Title||Program Date||Course Duration||Student Profile (Discipline)||Trainer Name/ Guest Name||Batch Size|
|1||Soft Skills Program||24-8-2018 & 25-802018||2 DAYS||III B.Tech CSE||Praveen kumar.M & K. Rama krishna||100|
|2||Mocks program (Online courses for aptitude and reasoning)||24-8-2018 & 25-802018||2 DAYS||II B.Tech CSE||Umesh reddy (Entuze Site)||60|
|3||Soft Skills Program||20-8-2018 &21-8-2018||2 DAYS||IV B.Tech CSE||Benson & Rama Manoju||80|
|4||MTA HTML5||21-02-2019 to 23-02-2019||3 DAYS||III B.Tech CSE||Md.Fareez||60|
|5||Research Methodologies||26-2-2019&27-02-2019||2 DAYS||III B.Tech CSE||Dr. R.Jegadeesan &Mr. Krishna Chainatya Rao||152|
|6||Python Programming||6-3-2019 to 9-03-2019||3 DAYS||II B.Tech CSE||Mr. Gaurab singh & Mr. Shivam||75|
|7||Machine learning &Python programming||14-3-2019 to 16-03-2019||3 DAYS||III B.Tech CSE||Mr. Gaurab singh & Mr. Shivam||75|
|8||International Conference||3-4-2019 &4-04-2019||2 DAYS||III,IV B.Tech CSE||Dr. Venu gopal & Dr. Subramanyam||200|
|9||Project Expo||17-04-2019||1 DAY||IV B.Tech CSE||Dr. K.Ravindra Babu||209|
1st International Conference on Cutting Edge Technologies in Computing & Communication on 3rd & 4th April 2019
1st International Conference
1st International Conference publication of proceedings
Workshop on “Machine learning &Python programming” on 14th to 16th March 2019
Workshop on Machine learning &Python programming
Workshop on Machine learning &Python programming