To become a center for academic excellence in imparting quality technical education, research with Comprehensive knowledge and holistic behavior for globally acclaimed services with cutting-edge technologies in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To provide the learner’s state of the art infrastructural facilities, core values of instruction having excellent teaching and learning methodologies with qualified and experienced teaching faculty.
- To have Industry Institution Interaction, collaborative research, professional practice, skills and knowledge hubs/center.
- Motivating the learners becoming intellectually adept, professionally deft and to instill high standards of discipline with holistic attitude.
- To furtherance the learners by focusing on the cutting-edge technologies, consultative services, entrepreneurial skills and practice of the profession in the real world usage.
ECE Department Profile
Dr. A.SUBBARAMI REDDY, M.sc, AMIE, M.Tech , Ph.D
Professor & HOD ECE
I am delighted to welcome you to the Department of Electronics and Communication Department.
The Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering was established in the academic year 1997, with an annual intake of 60. The intake was enhanced to 90 from the academic year 2000 and later 120 from the academic year 2002, and enhanced to 180 from Academic Year 2012. Eighteen batches of B.Tech. students have graduated so far and they are well placed. The department offers M.Tech. Programme in one specialization namely, VLSI Design with an intake of 18 for each specialization.
The Department has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty and has well-sophisticated equipment for conducting experiments in Electronics & Communication areas. The department has bagged University Gold Medal in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering stream for the academic year 2005-06. To interact and share the challenges and emerging trends in the field of signal processing, VLSI design, and embedded systems, the department possesses DSP kits, embedded processor kits, VLSI front end and back end tools along with FPGA/CPLD Kits, and with latest PC configuration. Also, the microprocessor lab is well equipped with microprocessor and microcontroller kits with MASM software. The Department has well equipped and updated laboratories where students can conduct experiments on subjects starting from “Electronic Devices and circuits” to “Microwave and optical communication engineering” and also in Microprocessor & Microcontrollers lab, VLSI and ECAD Lab, Digital systems lab and Embedded systems Labs. The department periodically organizes seminars, symposia, workshops and guest lectures for the benefit of both the students and the faculty. The department provides opportunities to the students to expose themselves to eminent lectures on emerging areas by arranging Extension lectures by experts in the field dawn from highly reputed National Higher Education Institutes and industries. The department helps the faculty members to improve their teaching skills and enhance their knowledge by conducting Faculty Development programmes. The mission of the department is “To impart Quality Education in Electronics and Communication Engineering”.
Programmes Offered by Department
|S.No||UG/ PG/ Diploma||Courses Offered||Intake|
|1||UG||B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||180|
|2||PG||M.Tech (VLSI DESIGN)||24|
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1- Fundamental Knowledge: To provide the learners with fundamental knowledge of applied mathematics, applied sciences and basic engineering subjects to analyze and solve the problems in Electronics & Communication Engineering and its allied fields
PEO2 – Core Competence: To prepare the learners professionally deft and intellectually adept in the Core areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering
PEO3 – Breadth: To nurture the learners with breadth subjects knowledge and competence in the areas computers, electrical & management by understanding the value of efficient design and development of solutions with multidisciplinary approach catering to the real-time requirements
PEO4 – Professionalism: To inculcate the learners with advanced subjects knowledge, professional practice, entrepreneurial skills, teamwork, leadership, project management, personal and professional growth with ethics and character in developing effective communication, interpersonal and multidisciplinary skills
PEO5 – Learning Environment: To prepare the learners for higher education, innovative ECE program specific areas of global technological appliances, research, and service attitude by providing advanced methods of teaching and learning with effective communication & lifelong learning skills.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Dr. A.SUBBARAMI REDDY, M.sc (phy) ,AMIE, M.Tech , Ph.D
Professor & HOD ECE
Dr. A. Subbarami Reddy born in Anjimedu, a nearby village of Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India in 1958. He obtained his M.Sc Physics (Electronics) from S.V University, Tirupati, India. He earned his AMIE from the Institution of Engineers (India), Kolkata, India, M.Tech from now NIT, Kurukshetra, India and Ph.D. degree from Andhra University, Waltair, India all in Electronics and Communication Engineering. He worked as Laboratory Assistant, Associate Lecturer, Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Sr.Professor, and Head of the Department, Dean and Principal in different Engineering colleges of Andhra Pradesh, India. Presently he is the Professor and HOD of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Jothishmathi Institute of Technology and Science, Karimnagar, Telangana State, India. He is having more than 37 years of experience and published more than 45 papers in referred to International and National Journals. He is a life member of ISTE (India), Fellow of IETE. His areas of interest include Signal Processing and its Sub fields.
|S.NO||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Years of Teaching Experience|
|1||AGARALA SUBBARAMI REDDY||M.TECH., Ph.D.||35 years|
|2||SAGIRAJU V S RAMAKRISHNAM RAJU||M.E., Ph.D.||30 years|
|3||Dr.SAMIRAN CHATTERJEE||M.E., Ph.D.||10 years|
|4||Dr.NAGAPPAN UMAPATHI||M.E., Ph.D.||12 years|
|5||Dr.GANESAN KARTHICK||M.E., Ph.D.||7 years|
|6||MAHESH KUMAR DASARI||M.TECH||16 years|
|7||RADHIKA KONDAM||M.TECH||15 years|
|8||RAJU NARMALA||M.TECH||14 years|
|9||SATHISH MOTHE||M.TECH||13 years|
|10||SREERAMULU ADIGOPPULA||M.TECH||12 years|
|11||MALYALA RAMESH||M.TECH||12 years|
|12||SRINIVAS RACHAMALLA||M.TECH||11 years|
|13||PUSHPALATHA DOOSA||M.TECH||8 years|
|14||RAJU NUTHI||M.TECH||8 years|
|15||RAJU BURRA||M.TECH||5 years|
|17||S SUDHAKAR||M.TECH||5 years|
|18||MANOJ SHAMANTHULA||M.TECH||4 years|
|19||RAMESH JITTY||M.TECH||4 years|
|20||CHALLURI NARESH||M.TECH||4 years|
|21||DONTULA SHIVA KUMAR||M.TECH||4 years|
|22||PANTHANGI SAIKRISHNA||M.TECH||4 years|
|23||MUNAVATH VANITHA||M.TECH||3 years|
|24||CHINTHALA VINAI KUMAR||M.TECH||3 years|
|25||KURRA SAMPATH||M.TECH||3 years|
|26||KAYYAM SINDHUJA||M.TECH||2 years|
|27||CH PAVAN KUMAR||M.TECH||2 years|
|28||SILIVERI PADMA||M.TECH||2 years|
|29||THOTA AKHILA||M.TECH||2 years|
|30||RAPARTHI SHILPA||M.TECH||2 years|
|31||AMMIGALLA RAJU||M.TECH||2 years|
|32||BANDI SAMPOORNA||M.TECH||1 year|
|38||KAYITHI THE JAVANI||M.TECH||0|
The department has well-equipped laboratories with state of the art infrastructure as per the AICTE norms and JNTUH guidelines. The laboratories are well equipped to cater to the practical & innovative needs of the students and faculty. High-speed internet and printing facilities are provided in the laboratories. The department also maintains a computer center with 100 computers having high-speed internet to cater to the needs of not only our department students but also our college students, teaching and non-teaching staff. The list of laboratories in our department are:
|LAB NO.||NAME OF THE LABORATORY I sem/ II sem||UG/PG||Majour equipment|
|1||Electronic Devices and circuits lab/ Basic elecrical and electronic lab||UG LAB||CROS,RPS,FUNCTION GENETARORS|
|2||Linear integrated circuits lab /IC applications lab||UG LAB||CROS,RPS,FUNCTION GENETARORS|
|3||Analogue and digitalcommunication lab||UG LAB||CROS,RPS,FUNCTION GENETARORS,TRAINER KITS|
|4||Digital design lab||UG LAB||TRAINER KITS IC’S,BREADBORDS|
|5||ECAD/ Analogue electronics lab||UG LAB||COMPUTERS|
|6||Microprocessor and micro controllers lab||UG LAB||MICROPROCESSOR 8086/MICROCNTROLLER 8051 KITS,CROS
INTERFACING KITS,COMPUTERS WITH MASM
|7||Micro wave engineering lab||UG LAB||MICROWAVE BENCHES ,CROS,MICROAMMETERS|
|8||Analogue electronics lab/ analogue and digitalelectronics lab||UG LAB||TRAINER KITS IC’S,BREADBORDS|
|9||DIC lab/digital electronicsE LAB||UG LAB||TRAINER KITS ,IC’S|
|10||Basic Simulation lab/Digital signalprocessingLAB||UG LAB||COMPUTERS|
|11||VLSI LAB||PG LAB||COMPUTERS|
|12||Embedded system Lab||PG LAB||COMPUTERS|
IC applications Lab
Analogue communication Lab
Events conducted/organized by department of ECE in Academic year 2018-19
|S.No||Course Title||Program Date||Course Duration||Student Profile (Discipline)||Trainer Name/ Guest Name||Batch Size|
|1||Robotic and Embedded C||14th & 15th September, 2018||2 DAYS||II, III & IV year ECE, CSE, IT and EEE||DON DIO DUS||160|
|2||PCB Design & Fabrication||24th & 25th August, 2018||2 DAYS||II & III year ECE||MD.KHADER||160|
|3||Project Expo||17-04-2019||1 DAYS||IV B.Tech ECE||D.VENU||162|