Guest Lecture- Teaching and Placement Activities
The guest lecture is about training and placement activities. The resource person has addressed the various department students regarding placement activities and shown some interesting and motivational videos to encourage the students to actively participate in the college events and placements during their academic years.
Here are some points related to the session.
Talked about Career-Defining Education:
Today, the job scenario is facing a high amount of cut-throat competition from all fields; and being picked by prestigious companies and organizations, what more can one ask for? Hence, for the benefit of its students who are passing out & gearing up to face the all-important job market, the Placement Cell has to provide more than just good opportunities and employment.
The placement cell s prime objective is creating career opportunities for promising the students in reputed corporate organizations, aiming towards meeting the aspirations of all the stakeholders. To accomplish this career objective, the placement cell has identified corporates in various sectors and initiated the process of building a mutually rewarding relationship with them.
Guest Lecture by Dr.M.SWAMY DAS
Points to remember to be successful in campus placements:
Consistent in Academics – >70% For MNC’S, > 65% For TIER 1, Indian Corporates.
- No History of Backlogs i.e. Clear All Subjects in 1st Attempt.
- Equip With Ttraits of Soft Skills: Verbal communication, Non-Verbal Communication, Team Playing, Discussion & Presentation, Adaptability to Cross-Cultural Transcontinental Environs.
- Strong Basics of ‘C’ & ‘C++’ For All Students
- Aptitude: Quant, Logic, Verbal
- Application Knowledge of Theoretical Concepts
- Strong in domain subjects fundamentals
- Awareness About Emerging Businesses & Technological Trends
- Punctuality For All Activities
- Knowledge, awareness & applications in the emerging technologies: BigData, Cybersecurity, IoT, AI, ML, Cloud, BlockChain
- Certification in emerging technologies: BigData, Cybersecurity, IoT, AI, ML, Cloud, BlockChain
- Mini project right from 2nd year
- Certification in English Languages: BEC by Cambridge or Versant
Advice: WATCHING CNBC-TV18, NDTV-PROFIT, CNN-IBN, ETNOW CHANNELS REGULARLY
Reading News Papers: –BusinessIndia, BusinessWorld.
Tip for Success journey
Strong in concepts → Boost Confidence levels → Facilitate
in Expressing Yourself → Lead to Self Competitive Edge.